Thursday, August 1, 2013

Grocery Introduction

     Let me start by saying I live 20 minutes from the nearest Super WalMart or FoodLion, and 45 minutes from a Target or any other chain store you can think of that comes to mind. The only grocery store that is in town is a Hill's, which is only a couple of minutes away; however, they are more expensive than any other and I only go there in food emergencies. So what I am really saying, is when we go grocery shopping, it is an outing! I mostly shop from WalMart because it is the closest, occasionally from Target when I can find a manufacturer coupon to stack with a Target store coupon and makes the drive worth while, and occasionally from FoodLion when they have an epic BOGO sale I can't pass up. The only couponing I do is for Target because they can be on the expensive side but when you stack a manufacturer coupon with a Target store coupon you can get a great deal, better than WalMart. I also, rarely, coupon for FoodLion when I find a coupon for a BOGO item which makes it a deal you can't pass up!

    I am usually good about keeping health in mind; however, I can not afford organic or wild caught anything. I also do not , nor does my hubby hunt for any of our meat. We just choose not to do although living in Rural North Carolina many people do to save on meat. I may get criticized for some of the items I buy to keep my family fed, but that is our choice and this is how I keep cost down. I am also trying to lose weight to get healthier so some of my meals may be different from what I feed the other four of my family. For example, I may feed them a pizza while I eat a chicken salad. My hubby and kids are healthy and fit and somewhere in the 13 years we have been married, I have lost my way and I am now trying to change. Pizza, HotPockets and frozen dinners are a very rare occurrence in this family and are usually only bought if I get an extreme deal on them. The staples I keep in my home at all times are onions, green peppers, rice, bread, tortilla shells, pasta noodles, and potatoes. You can make many different recipes with these staples in your home
   
    I do not spend hours clipping coupons, searching coupons or any other crazy things you may have seen on those coupon shows. All this work is already done by other amazing people and I just search their websites. The Krazy Coupon Lady does an amazing job of this and this is one of my main sources for coupons. She even gives you the link to the coupons. No more need for newspapers! If you sign up as an email insider to Target, you will get great coupon texts from them. Up to five a month! Target also has something called Target Cartwheel program where you can get up to 10% off of many different items. When you use the cartwheel program, plus manufacturer coupons, on top of Target store coupons, you can sometimes get the item for free. You can't beat free! Also, Pinterest is amazing. I can find new recipes to try that still keep us in budget. There are so many online resources that kind of make my blog obsolete, but please keep reading! :) I will eventually get links up to websites I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment